We provide a variety of supervised musical activities on Saturday mornings during term time. These take place in fully equipped rehearsals studios in the Music Block at Chichester College (find us here), at Chichester Music Academy (find us here) and at Portsmouth Music Academy in Southsea (find us here). We welcome young musicians and singers (ages 10-18) and are happy to arrange trials for anyone interested in joining us.
We strive to make all our activities both accessible and affordable to all. Fees shown below are based on a 12-week school term. Discounts and concessions are available.
We provide band & group ‘taster’ sessions on Saturday mornings. These are open to guitarists, singers, drummers, bassists and keyboardists age 10-14 who would like to have a go at playing with a band. FREE.
Band & Group
Tutored 55 minute Sessions open to guitarists, bass players, drummers, keyboard players and singers, with emphasis placed on musical compatibility. We put the bands together, work with them on material, and get them performing! 3-5 members per band – £150 per term
Tutored 55 minute Sessions open to guitarists, bass players, drummers, keyboard players who are interested in performing more challenging material and working with experienced singer-songwriters. 3-5 members per band – £150 per term.
Singer-Songwriter & Artist Development
Tutored 55 minute Sessions open to Singer-Songwriters who are interested in developing their own music and performing with their own backing band. 3-5 per session – £150 per term.
We have a number of opportunities for singers to perform as lead or backing vocalists, working with our session bands. Tutored Sessions – £100 per term.
Our Music Workshops allow students to learn to express themselves through creativity. Students will learn tried and tested techniques from experienced, working musicians and put them into practice to create an end product they can be proud of. These creative thinking and collaboration skills are invaluable both in and out of musical contexts. Workshops take place in School Holidays and can be provided in schools on request. Fees from £5 p/p.
Here are some examples:
- For those who have no idea where to start but would love to try writing a song!
- Perfect for beginner instrumentalists and even those who cannot play an instrument
- Introduction to all the essential music theory (and keyboard skills) you may need
- Introduces both abstract and methodical approaches to creative song writing
- Express yourself through lyrics, chords and melodies
- Perfect for groups of mixed abilities and confidence to write a song collaboratively
- Write and perform a song from scratch as a band
- Listen to each other’s ideas on chords, lyrics, melody, harmony and arrangement
- Offers different thought processes and collaboration opportunities